normally i wouldn’t post such personal things that I might regret but typing things out can sometimes help especially when I know the ones reading it are mostly people who know and love me & will give me encouraging feed back.
I am getting really nervous about my hormones and emotions after the baby arrives. When I had Eislee, during pregnancy I wasn’t very hormonal & had absolutely no post-pardon blues. If I ever did get cranky it was because of the lack of sleep. This time around, I feel crazy i think opposite thoughts almost every other hour. one moment I’m giddy the next I am all melancholy. a lot of the things I think come from worry, which I am practicing giving that to the Lord and often share those many worries with my mother and sisters, who are very encouraging, having learned form their own experiences and are pointing me to the Lord often.
this week has been hard accepting that as a mother I will make mistakes and never be perfect. which for me can be hard to understand because I want to do the best thing for my babies. i question a lot if I am being to strict or am I being to relaxed. do i keep Eislee to busy for a 2 year old or do I do enough activity. i want her to have a healthy balance. sometimes i say no to things when she asks in public and then feel embarrassed like people are thinking oh thats not a big deal. or sometimes i’ll let her do something and think people are thinking wow does she do that all the time.
ughh I could actully go on and on about it but that’s just a few examples and actually as I am typing it I was right, I do feel better. Because Eislee is ok, I am learning, and the Lord takes care of it all. *sigh*
all the thinking can drive a girl crazy thou… i wonder if it will be hard to keep friends once I have another baby, will I be able to take care of myself. and will Brian feel left out because now not only one little one has my attention but two. then theres the other set will baby be healthy, will he adjust well to nursing. UGH see i’m worrying. I believe I will look back at this post sometime from now and laugh. and/or Praise the Lord because its all going to be alright.
with hope the next post will be much more positive, bye for now. CrazyPregnantMomma, xo, Lea
We are feeling all better. Sick for about 3 weeks, and then spent a week playing catch-up. Eislee’s birthday celebration was perfect. Sweet time with loved friends. She seems so much older now that she’s officially 2. She is talking so much more & becoming such a fun playful little toddler. This last week she even moved on to the 2&3’s in Sunday school. It was a happy-sad moment for me. Each day I try to enjoy her as much as I possibly can as she is, because time truly goes bye quick. I love watching her sleep snuggled in her bed at night. I love seeing her interaction with her Daddy. Her attention to things, she’s so interested in details, its the cutest thing. I love her so much, huge huge blessing she is.
Yesterday I got Brian’s camera out & I am determined to figure it out so I can use it. I have always taken pictures on it but hate how they turn out because I just snap & have no Idea what i’m doing. Hopefully my pictures here will become better. I know my amount of pictures I take with my phone & camera will double once baby brother arrives.
Eislee had fun she thought the camera was the most fun thing. She def is not camera shy & I love that.
And for anyone thats wondering I am feeling good. 23 weeks pregnant & doing well. Started reading some new pregnancy books and tons of blogs and articles, getting really excited to have a newborn again as well as try somethings differently this time than last :).
I dont know how but life seems to get busier and busier as the years go bye. I am thankful to say I am busy with things I enjoy and am very blessed.
I have a spur of the moment free spot to sit here and tell you about life right now.
I am now 20 weeks preggers. Half way there… It’s going by too fast! I am falling in love with our little man in side already. If you didn’t know, Yes! It’s a boy. We named him Dax Everett Doster.
I am currently being a crafty house wife and working on a a set-up for an all things vintage for little ones, I am very excited about it & will be participating in my first sale for it the 29th!!
I have also started on Eislee’s 2nd birthday bash, she and her friends are going to be the cutest little indians in the park…….. eeekk.. that was qucik I have to have to have to go already. Until next time. xo
And now the weak say I have strength By the spirit of power And now the poor stand and confess That my portion is served and I’m more than blessed
And now our hearts burn with a flame A fire consuming all for your son’s holy name And with the heavens we declare you our king We love you Lord We worship you You are our God You alone are good.
And now your church shine as the bride That you saw in your heart as you offered up your life And now the lost being welcomed home by the saved and redeemed, those adopted as your own
And now our hearts burn with a flame A fire consuming all for your son’s holy name And with the heavens we declare you our king We love you Lord We worship you You are our God You alone are good. You asked your son To carry this The heavy cross Our weight of sin I love you Lord I worship you Hope which was lost Now stands renewed I give my life To honour this The love of Christ The Saviour King
Haven’t blogged consistently since I was preggers withs Eislee. But I guess its what I do when I’m pregnant so here goes :) I am now 13 weeks & doing good! Had my first Doctors appointment 3 weeks ago and got to see the little peanut and its heartbeat. & My next appointment is next Tuesday :)
First and only craving so far is grilled peppers from ‘La Morenita’. I tried them for the first time like 3 weeks ago and on my birthday last week when asked what I wanted that’s all I said. “Gimme Peppers” ha ha I heart spicy. Like last time I’ve had tons of avocado, but I will let you know of more silly cravings as they come along :)
little bump & new comfy shoes.
Although life is different for us this go round, living with Brians parents, & he’s full time student. We are very excited & thankful & blessed.
Everyone in my family runs. So when we moved back to my home town where my sister and her family live as well as my parents, I had to join in the family run club, ha.
Nothing to crazy. Before I could barely run 1 mile, I haven’t really done much excercise since high school. I started slow and just added a little to my distance each time I ran so I would be ready becauuuusee my mom signed me up for a 5k! Its only 3.2 miles :) But I was ready and trained for it and had a goal of 40 mins.
The day of the run I was really nervous, but I did it and my time…(drum roll) 28.57!!
I was so shocked & so proud. And it felt so good! It was a fun day and I cant wait to do more. I am now planning to do a 10k next month, I don’t feel like ill be ready but we’ll see! Most importantly I am exercising and it feels great!
Last week we started potty training Eislee. The first two days were amazing. She kept pooping on the potty and leaving her diapers dry, it was great. It seems though that as each day went on it got harder and harder to get her to go on the potty. That past two days have been the worst. It’s like she is just waiting for us to put a diaper back on and she holds it until we do so.
Meanwhile naps have been disappearing. She’s only napped two days this last week and was a miss cranky pants every evening she didn’t get a nap. All this to say, Brian and I are a bit exhausted from this last week (I also ran my first 5k, which I will blog about soon) and so is Eislee. We are taking a Potty Break. Which I believe there is nothing wrong with, we’re starting early so its aloud :) . We know potty training isn’t easy, not for everyone at least. We will come back to it in a couple weeks :)
I’ll update when we get back on the potty training.
Happy Memorial Day by the way :) Hope you all are having a relaxing day.
Here I am back to blog after way to long. I’m not going to say "Where should I begin?" because I don’t have an answer, I’m just going for it. In the past 6 months I probably have thought about blogging at at least once a week, but a lot has changed for The DosterLove family. A few weeks after my last post, we moved out of our little house, back to our hometown and in with my in-laws. We have begun a new journey together. Although it is just Brian (my hubby) going back to school, I am ready and prepared to fully support him as he pursues his education to become and RN. I am honestly really excited for him, and for our future. I know the Lord has great things in store for us. Meanwhile our little peanut, not so little anymore, it growing up so fast. 19months already!! & I am enjoying motherhood, and all there is to learn as a mother. I am beyond blessed with the gift of being a mother. Now that Eislee is a toddler, in my opinion things have only gotten easier. There are tough days but I seem to remember the good days more then the bad, and we were blessed with a very good/easy-going girl!! So i get to enjoy a full night sleep at least 3/4 of each month, and nap times are great, I get to nap, be crafty, or just clean in peace everyday for at least an hour hahaaa.
I am on this huge instagram kick, so inspired by a bunch of Mammas snapping photos of their kiddos every moment! I’ve got a long list of fun things I want to do with Brian and Eislee this summer and hope to continue blogging and sharing it with you as we go! I am sorry if this post is a bit of a bore. I’ve realized I am a bit rusty but am really excited to blog again and see where this season of it takes us!
I have finally joined the fun on Etsy! I am constantly finding the most adorable pieces of baby & children’s clothing and have come up with quite a collection! They’re fun to gift and dress up Eislee in everyday but now it’s time for business!! I will slowly be adding items over the next couple of weeks just in time to have a nice selection for Holiday gifts and shopping! I am so excited to see where shop DosterShop goes :)
I just love buying afghans for Eislee.. I think I bought her the first one when she was one month old, and she probably has 10 now! They are so cute and snuggly!
& she loves snuggling and playing with them! Her favorite is hiding in them and then revealing her face “Peek-a-booo!” welp that’s all just stopped by, still got lots to do for Peanuts birthday bash Saturday! Can’t wait :)
1. My most favorite birthday was Oh man I pretty much love them all and am thankful for them… but one that immediately comes to mind is my 22nd birthday Brian (my husband) & my Brother thru me a surprise birthday party @ my brothers house and I really had no idea… all of my bestest friends were there :) .
2. My worst birthday was What a terrible question, I guess I’d say the ones I don’t remember ha ha which is a lot of them & that’s the worst not remembering your birthdays .
3. My favorite birthday memory is Jumping on our huge trampoline with the sprinkler underneath getting us wet (we didn’t have a pool then) with all my friends… I wanna say It was my eleventh birthday :) .
4. The best birthday present I’ve ever received was Geez that’s another hard one, so I think it was my freshman year when forever21 first made it big, for my birthday that year my mom took me shopping there and said okay “go shopping, I’ll tell you when to stop!” She never had to tell me stop I found all that I wanted & she said “okay, Happy Birthday” Soooo fun! .
5. The best birthday present I’ve ever given was Birth. On Eislee’s birthday Eislee was given life by the Lord, thru me! Amazing day :) .
6. Birthdays are a little different after you have a child, I didn’t really count down the days to mine this year, because I am so excited and focused on Eislee’s… mine just creeped up on me…I think it will be that way from now on :) .
7. My favorite age so far has been When I was 17! I just finished high school & Beauty College, and met Brian ( my love ) .I was working at Starbucks and spent all my time with “my boyfriend” :) and would soon start Bible college… that was being 17 for me and I loved it :) xoxo
Hello there! Today is the beginning of our room by room tour. ( By Request ) First up Our Room. I’ve actually wanted to do one of these for a while but there’s a lot I would like to change in each room but if I wait until all that is done it could be years before I do these post :) So here it is. Starting with our super comfy bed! This bed frame is new we just got it a few months ago after wanting a new one for a while, we both love it :) and the best part is we got a new box spring with it and it has drawers in it to store things :) Our little side table is probably my favorite part of our room. It came from Brian’s grandmother, so it is sentimental to him. & We both like the way it looks next to our bed. Next there are these to two windows I got from an antique store, I like the size, color & everything about them. One day I will do a little more with them, but now they are just a simple touch to that wall in our room. Okay so the matching black chairs I love too… mostly because of there price and they are cute, I got them at a yard sale for a dollar each, they are mostly decoration in our room, I find dirty clothes on them often but they are sturdy enough to sit in as well. Then there is our dresser, this came from Brian’s room at home, I would like to change it up a bit with some new knobs & a little sanding ( Brian said he didn’t mind), when I finally do it some day I will share that :) and then there is my closet corner. Brian uses the closet on the wall with my cute windows but it’s so tiny i’ve had to create a temporary open one for my things. I’m on the hunt for a cute, “nicely priced” armoire. One day it will show up! & that’s our room. ( not always cleaned like this, I cleaned it specially for you all )
Eislee is 9 months & one week old! She is fabulous! She is so much fun, very squirmy in a good way her crawling is kinda all over the place but she’s pretty much got it down! She sits up like a pro & plays with all her toys! She goes to the grocery store & thrifting with me & loves it :) Every single person we pass has to talk to her or at least smiles and waves! She loves it, she’s going to be a social butterfly like her Dadda! She loves being in the conversation so anytime someone in the room starts talking she joins in! Mostly she is just an amazing peanut, i’ve been crazy this past week trying to catch up on things like laundry, organization, fellowship, & family so that’s why I haven’t blogged much, but I will be posting in the next few days about the Renegade Fair, Michelle’s Baby Levi, who had his birthday & and all my fun recent thrift finds! & Much more :) xoxo
1. I am a (morning, evening, middle of the day person) hmmm it’s never the same i’m a happy when i’ve had good sleep and coffee person haha and mostly when the weather is nice and the sun is shining :) & the dishes and laundry are done haha
2. My favorite Pandora stations are there’s so many of them, but i am currently listening to She&him <3
3. 3 of my “must-have” songs for a road trip playlist are anything Arcade Fire, Brand New, or Death Cab, are traditional DosterLove road trip music :)
4. My favorite pattern is are you kidding me theres so much i love 60’s & 70’s floral print…black and white strips… & lace those are my top favs but i love lots!
5. My favorite perfume is CHANEL.
6. Rules are …they’re aint no rules
7. My most overused phrase or punctuation is i’m tired… everytime I yawn, I say it….and that’s all day long .. even when i’m not tired and am just relaxed… it slips out “Oh… i’m tired” yawwnn!
1. The best news I ever received was when Brian proposed, that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me! .
2. Something I’m looking forward to is everything the Lord has for our future! Growing old with Brian, watching Eislee grow up, possibly having more kids! All the adventures I know that are to come, LIFE! .
3. Something I would never do is sing in public, go skydiving, own a pit bull, eat an Oreo!
4. If I could choose someone to be my life coach (famous or not, living or dead), I’d choose thats a hard one because I already have amazing people in my life which is what the answer should be! I always pray that my desire would first be Jesus, and then I’ve learned and continue to learn from so many; my mom, dad, brother, sister, sister in law, & my mother and father in law, and so much more.
5. If I had to put a label on my style it would be Mostly Hippie maybe, I don’t go all out and wear tie-dye everyday or go barefoot everywhere, but I love long hair flowers & all things flowy, & when asked this question I immediately thought of my parents saying our flower-child! :)
6. One should always make your bed :)
7. I want to visit, Paris for the first time and Hong Kong for the second time in the next five years, PLEASE!
We had a long day who knew how stressful it could be packing :) ( not really that stressful, i’m exaggerating) But Peanut & I had a tired day :) Off to Texas We go :) Heehaw!! See you in a week, everyone have a happy 4th!
Pinterest!! Well for those of you who don’t know I’m in love with Pinterest, such a great idea and spot to store all things you like & love out there in the blogworld. I discovered it a few months ago and became a member after being inspired by my sister (in-law) who had blogged about how fun it is! I tried to pick some of my favorites to share with you but I really just love it all :) Y’all should join the fun!
Friday we will be leaving for Texas for a week :) It’s 4th of July @ the lake time again :) I can’t believe it’s been a year already! This time around will be a little different, in that I won’t be pregnant. Eislee’s first trip to Texas!! & on a plane! I’m so excited! Brian’s family is from Texas, we get to hangout lakeside and relax, have fun, laugh a lot & eat a lot of good food with the whole family :) So this week I am busy cleaning the house so I don’t have to when we get back, making list for packing, I am now packing for 3 people and there’s lots of important things I can’t forget! There are also things I will need to buy there :) I’m excited, I plan and hope to go to some thrift stores there to get some things that would be too much to pack, but I love that as I am obsessed with thrifting :) Also I am going to try and meet up with my very good friend Sara :) she was my roommate in college & I miss her dearly, very often! Sara and her husband are now living in Decatur, so we’ll see :)
Anywho, I feel like i’m so excited that this post is kinda all over the place haha, I’m just really excited for Eislee to meet some family she hasn’t got to meet yet! Tootles!
Last time I was too lazy(&pregnant ) to take a bunch of picture, but I promise to take tons this time around! I did manage to snap this shot of this lovely lady right here :) Auntie-Cousin Caitlin :) (Brian’s cousin, but he wants Eislee to call her Auntie :) lol) Can’t wait to see you :)
Hello all! Good Monday Morning! I just wanted to post a fun little link to my friend Jessica’s blog! She is having a Giveaway! For mommies, aunties, or grandmas of little girls! Head on over to her blog thestephenhowardfamily to enter!
I’ve never linked up with another blog, as far as joining in on one of their weekly post. but for sometime I have very much admired “Fill in the Blank Friday” over at The Little Things We doSo here goes, & Happy Friday! Feel free to join in <3
1. The last thing I ate was ”CookKwee’s Maui Cookies” ,white chocolate macadamia nut. Our next door neighbor brought some back with them from Hawaii & brought some over the other night :) 2. The next thing I’d like to eat is Doughnuts but not Krispy Creme. The real kind. (not saying I don’t like Krispy Creme) & Chocolate milk :) I had a dream this morning about doughnuts, so I’ve been wanting some since I woke up :)
3. The best things are the simple small things. That are usually unexpected :)
4. Something that makes me supremely and utterly happy is Brian & Eislee I cannot imagine my life without either :) .
5. Sports are a must in our family, top 3 favorite to play; soccer, volleyball, and running! To watch, baseball, basketball, tennis :) TONIGHT WERE GOING TO WATCH THE SF GIANTS!!!!
6. I miss Jerusalem a lot. I miss getting to spend so much time with my roomates/friends there, & the fun Brian and I shared there & the food there & the language there. I could really go on and on :) Israel was a great experience, I miss .
7. Right now I am Drinking coffee about to feed Eislee and so happy it’s Friday :) .
Some of you may know, but for those of you who don’t I love old children’s books, especially a little golden books! I have been collecting them for Eislee since she was born and have a pretty fun collection :) I started reading her a few pages each day and she seems to love it. Well today we went to Superior thrift with our lovely friend Tina & found a goldmine of very cute books, I was so excited and so was Eislee. I laid them all out in her room after I cleaned them up a bit & let Peanut pick which one we’d read first :)
For the last week, life for DosterLove hasn’t been too fun. Not only not fun but frustrating. It’s gross & annoying but I guess happens to the best of us with pets. On Friday morning I woke up and had a terrible amount of flea bites on my feet. Urggghhh, then to top it off, Eislee woke up and I found two flea bites on her leg, that made me so upset….I had noticed this small bug here and there but didn’t think much of it, for I’ve never had to deal with fleas in my life. I figured it was from lack of good old spring-cleaning, I guess I was wrong ‘cause as the weeks went by I would have a new bite each day it seemed, & I was cleaning the house very well each day. Which brought us to Friday morning, when Brian got off work that day we decided we need to go to the store at get those flea bombs we had heard about. Saturday morning we cleaned up a bit & followed the directions and bombed the house for fleas/bugs and left. As we were in Modesto my dad offer to keep Eislee for the night so we could come back and clean up all the fleabombs/and dead bugs and wash everything down. We did about 5 hrs of straight cleaning and we woke up the next morning and it was almost worse it seemed ahhhh! I just don’t understand. So first thing Monday morning I called Clarks Pest Control and they came out at noon yesterday and did the whole entire house inside and out. IT WORKED!!! I vacuumed and washed everything today and haven’t seen anything!! I feel like we can relax again!!! They also will come out in one month and do like a double check thing to make sure the fleas are really gone for good! & as far as our cat goes she’s at Brian parents for a while, we are giving her Frontline which is suppose to be 100% affective so if she has fleas they’ll be gone!
So all that being said I was in a much better mood today and so was Peanut :), I even baked some cookies in between loads of laundry & nap time :) I pray we never get fleas again!
xoxox Eislee loves her Dadda! & Happy Father’s Day to my Dad, I love you so much you’re such a wonderful, JesusLoving, encouraging, silly, fun, hardworking, amazing Dad! I appreciate you more than words can say!